What Is the Difference Between a Public Adjuster and an Attorney?
Call Now And Get More Info About Our Services.941-867-6574
After disaster strikes and your property is damaged, what are you meant to do? Well, filing an insurance claim and getting a settlement from your insurer would be the best first step. However, navigating the insurance claim process can be a nightmare.
Fortunately, there are professionals who can help you through this process and help you maximize your settlement. But who do you turn to for assistance? In this blog, we’ll explore the differences between public adjusters and attorneys, so you can make an informed decision about who to hire for your insurance claim. Let’s dive in and find out!
Public Adjuster Definition
What is a public adjuster? Well, a public adjuster specializes in processing and managing property insurance claims. They are highly knowledgeable about the ins and outs of insurance policies, as well as the laws that govern them. Public adjusters represent their clients’ interests and act as an advocate to help ensure you receive the full settlement.
An experienced public adjuster is there to take care of the entire claims process for you:
- Expert on-site inspection: Public adjusters will visit your property and conduct an in-depth inspection of the property to determine the scope of the damages and estimate repair costs. They will also document all the evidence showing the extent and severity of the damages, to make your claim more convincing.
- Filing the insurance claim: Once the adjusters have all the evidence and necessary paperwork, they reach out to your insurance carrier and file the claim. In this phase, they will be responsible for all communication with the insurer, attend all inspections, and have weekly follow-ups with the insurance company.
- Negotiating the maximum settlement: The main priority of your public adjuster is to secure the best possible insurance coverage for you. This means negotiating with the insurer and not settling for less than you deserve. Public adjusters also make sure that all the timelines are met and that you’re getting your claim resolved in a timely fashion.
If you’re wondering how a public adjuster can help you get a fair settlement, the answer is simple. They know the business like the back of their hand! Thanks to their experience, they know all the tactics your insurer might use to try and lowball you, and they won’t let it happen.
Insurance claims are complex but shouldn‘t be stresful or confusing.Need more info about Claim Process?
How an Attorney Helps in the Claims Process
When dealing with insurance claims, having an attorney on your side can provide an added layer of protection. Attorneys are legal experts who can help you navigate the complex legal system and ensure your rights are protected throughout the claims process. They are well-versed in contract and tort law, and they can represent their clients’ interests against the insurance company to get a fair settlement.
Attorneys will also review your policy to ensure the insurance company does not take advantage of you. They can offer guidance and provide legal advice throughout the claims process.
Here’s some extra insight into what an attorney can do for you in the claims process.
- Legal consultation and advice: Attorneys can provide you with a thorough understanding of your legal rights as an insurance policyholder. Insurance policies can be complex and filled with legal jargon that can be difficult to understand. An attorney can review your policy and explain the terms and conditions in simple terms, ensuring that you fully understand what you’re entitled to.
- Negotiation: Insurance companies may try to offer you a low settlement or deny your claim altogether. An attorney can push back against these tactics and use their legal knowledge to negotiate a better settlement for you.
- Legal representation: If your insurance claim is denied, you may need to file a lawsuit against the insurance company to get the compensation you deserve. If it comes to litigation, an attorney can represent you in court and use their legal expertise to build a strong case on your behalf.
Key Differences Between Public Adjusters vs Attorneys
While both professionals can help you with insurance claims, there is a significant difference between a public adjuster and an attorney. Understanding these differences can help you decide which professional is best suited to your specific situation.
- Area of expertise: Public adjusters are experts in property damage and insurance claims, whereas attorneys are legal experts. Public adjusters can help you document your damages, file your claim, and negotiate with the insurance company. Attorneys, on the other hand, can provide legal advice, represent you in court, and negotiate settlements on your behalf.
- Compensation: Public adjusters are paid a percentage of your claim settlement, usually around 10%. This means that they have an incentive to maximize your settlement amount. Attorneys, on the other hand, may charge an hourly rate or a percentage of your settlement, but their primary goal is to protect your legal rights and get you fair compensation.
- Damage assessment: Public adjusters have the expertise to assess the damage to your property, whereas attorneys are not typically involved in this process. Attorneys will often employ a third party to inspect and determine the scope of the damages, and this estimate may be inaccurate.
- Efficiency: Public adjusters can help you get your claim resolved more quickly than an attorney, as they typically have a better understanding of the claims process and are familiar with the paperwork involved. Legal processes often take much more time, especially if your claim gets denied and it comes to litigation.
So, should you hire a public adjuster or an attorney? The answer depends on multiple factors and your personal circumstances. What do you need? Which services will you benefit from most?
Hire Public Adjusters with Experience – Get in Touch
If you’ve decided that hiring a public adjuster is the way to go, you’re on the right track to getting the best possible settlement. Now it’s time to choose a company that can help you. Well, Elite Resolutions is in your corner!
We’re a public adjusting firm with over 14 years of experience. Our adjusters are here to make sure your claim is settled in record time and you get the maximum compensation from your insurance company. We won’t let you get lowballed by your insurer – hire a public adjuster and get all the money you deserve and need for damage restoration. Get in touch and let us handle your claim start-to-finish!
Let’s work together – we look forward to hearing from you!
Lets work together - we look forward to
hearing from you.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!