Hurricane Insurance Claim
Get the Coverage You’re Owed
The sole idea of a hurricane hitting your local area is scary and stressful by default. But when the hurricane damages your property, the entire situation becomes miles more stressful. In certain cases, the damages aren’t too severe, but in others, the liveability of the property gets hugely compromised. Either way, the best thing to do is to file an insurance claim and get coverage for the repairs. Don’t know where to begin? Let us help!
We are here to assist you during the entire process – from filing the claim to fighting for fair coverage. As experienced adjusters, we know that insurers sometimes try to lowball you, but we won’t let that happen. If you want your wind and hurricane insurance claim to be quick and smooth, all you need to do is give us a call. We’ll make sure you’re not settling for less!
How a Hurricane Insurance Claim Works
If your property has been struck by a disaster caused by a hurricane, you know that the next step is filing an insurance claim. But before you do that, there are some things you should know about applicable insurance policies and the timing of your claim. So, here’s what you need to know about hurricane insurance claims.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Hurricane Damage?
Most of the time, homeowners insurance does cover hurricane damage. But in areas susceptible to hurricanes, such as Florida, your homeowner’s insurance might exclude or limit coverage for hurricane damages.
That is why it is crucial to review your insurance policy and see what it covers. If the policy doesn’t include hurricane coverage, you can purchase an additional premium – windstorm insurance.
It’s also a good idea to buy flood insurance. An external flood caused by a hurricane can enter your property and wreck your home and possessions. In this case, you can be reimbursed for the damages if you have flood insurance.
How Long After a Hurricane Should You File a Claim?
After a hurricane, you have three years to submit a property insurance claim. Although it may seem like a long time, there are several things that can delay it, so it’s best to act fast.
Instead of waiting the three years, it’s best to file your claim right away. This way, you’ll have time to get coverage even if you end up in an insurance dispute. Unfortunately, many insurance companies act in bad faith and look for ways to reject your claim. So, you should act promptly and have a team of experts on your side. That way, you’re guaranteed to get what you’re entitled to.
Types of Damages from a Storm
There is a plethora of various damages that can occur as a result of natural disasters. But what are the common issues that are considered storm damage? Here are the examples.
- Flooding: Periods of heavy rainfall can often result in flooding, clogged rain gutters, and related water damage.
- Mudflow: One of the results of flooding is mudflow. In other words, floods can bring mud into your home. This is often covered by your flood insurance.
- Wind damage: Strong winds can damage or destroy non-permanent structures, damage roofs, cause power failure and even uproot trees, cars, and furniture, causing big damage as a result.
- Storm surge: Due to strong hurricane winds, sea levels can rise quickly. Homes on the shoreline can easily be engulfed by the storm surge.
There are some general damages caused by wind and hurricanes. Depending on the severity, the condition, safety, and livable conditions of your home can be seriously affected. That is why it’s important to take action quickly.
Why Hire Professional Storm Adjusters?
If you’re wondering how to file an insurance claim after a hurricane and the prospect of going through that process is stressing you out, we’re here to help. Hiring experienced public adjusters can be helpful in many ways.
- Save time: Our team of experts is here to file and handle the entire insurance claim process and make sure that it goes as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, you don’t have to spend your valuable time worrying about the claim.
- Be sure you’re getting the best deal: Insurers might try to lowball you or give you less coverage than you deserve. When working with our team, you can rest assured that won’t happen. We’ve worked with insurance companies before so we know what to look out for and how to get the best deal for our clients.
- Avoid taking care of paperwork: Collecting and taking care of documentation is a taxing and time-consuming process. But you can let the professionals do it for you!
- Leave negotiations to the pros: Negotiations and making sure you’re getting the best settlement can be an uncomfortable and daunting idea. When working with us, you don’t have to handle the back-and-forth with your insurance company – we handle all the communication and negotiation with them.
Working With Us: What to Expect
If you want your insurance claim to be filed and accepter quickly, working with our storm adjusters is the path to success. With over 13 years of experience, we know exactly how to ensure you get what you deserve from your insurer. Moreover, we take care of the entire process.
- Inspection and damage assessment: We visit your property and determine the severity of the damages. To make sure we can make a strong case for the insurer, we document any evidence and estimate the repairs.
- Filing the claim: Other than just filing the claim, we handle all the paperwork, have weekly follow-ups with the insurance company, and attend all inspections.
- Settlement: We handle all negotiations with your insurance company and are ready to fight for what’s rightfully yours. Our mission is to make sure you don’t settle for less.
Filing insurance claims doesn’t have to be complicated; you just need the right people in your corner. Let us fight for you!
Whether you’re in the process of filing an insurance claim, you’ve been rejected by your insurer, or your claim has been delayed, we’re here to ensure you get what you’re owed.
How to File a Claim? Leave It to Us!
Get in Touch
We’ll File Your Hurricane Insurance Claim
If a hurricane has wrecked your property, we know how important it is to get insurance coverage as soon as possible and get your life back to normal. But handling insurance claims can be a complicated task. That’s why Elite Resolutions is at your service!
Our public adjusters are here to file and handle your claim in a timely manner. After the storm, you don’t have to worry about paperwork and negotiations with your insurer – we’ll do all that. So, let us help you and get the best settlement from your insurance company! Contact us today and make sure you get the coverage you deserve.